Corporate and Social Responsibility Policy
As a professional consultancy firm within the Construction and Property Industry we are aware of our responsibilities when providing professional advice to our clients.
Corporate Social Responsibility can help an organisation to show it is socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. To be considered as socially responsible, a company’s activities should benefit society. To be considered environmentally sustainable, a company’s activities should not harm the environment. As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy we aim to give something back in three main areas; Local, National and Staff led initiatives.
As professional Construction and Property Consultants we take our responsibility to sustainability and environmental issues seriously and have an Environmental and Sustainable Development Policy which is to be read in conjunction with this policy.
LOCAL – Our employees work together as One Team who give their time and money to fundraising activities, and other activities that support the wider community, within Sidcup, Ipswich, London and Redhill. We attract the right people by identifying those who share the same values as us.
Employees are given the opportunity to suggest charities or charity events to get involved in. These suggestions are then discussed by the ‘Giving Back Team’ and then the agreed event is publicised around the company via our intranet, encouraging staff to get involved. The charities included in the vote are carefully considered to ensure that this cannot be perceived as a way to influence any stakeholder who may submit a concern over the work of Playle & Partners LLP.
Participating in fundraising activities can also develop our staff members’ personal skills and confidence levels, as well as encourage team bonding.
NATIONAL – Playle & Partners LLP also commits to taking part in national charity events as well as nominated charity events, where they have been proposed by a member of staff. This includes things like the MacMillan Coffee Morning, Movember and Age UK. Any money raised as a direct result of activities associated with the national event (like wristbands) will go directly to that charity.
STAFF LED – Individual sponsorship for involvement in challenges such as the Great North Run, London Marathon, Three Peaks Challenge, Race for Life and The Demelza Italian Job, have also been promoted on behalf of Playle & Partners LLP staff members.
CHARITABLE RELATIONSHIPS – Playle & Partners LLP has established charitable links within the areas we work. We continue these relationships with the aim of having a lasting impact on the local community.
As part of our continued commitment to the Construction Consultancy Frameworks that we are a part of, we deliver added value for our clients and local communities; and encourage participation from all staff.
We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of others. They include customers, employees, regulators, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
OUR CORE COMPANY VALUES are – One Team: We work together collaboratively throughout the teams; Can Do: We meet challenges with positivity; Trust: We are dependable, discreet and reliable; and Flexible: We are responsive and adaptable. These values are not seen as an added extra but are fundamental to the services Playle & Partners LLP can offer.
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
We take seriously all feedback that we receive and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
The Managing Partner is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our partnership focus:
- We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through implementation of our Environmental and Sustainable Development Policy.
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk through implementation of our Health & Safety Policy.
- Through effective partnerships, we shall continue our initiatives on water efficiency, safe recreational use of water, education and environmental improvement within the community.
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
- We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our published standards of service.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
- We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship.
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit.