Careers at Playle & Partners LLP
The atmosphere at Playle & Partners is both friendly and client focused, an approach that results in a low staff turnover as well as helping to maintain long term relationships with our clients and fellow professionals.
All of our staff are encouraged to train, develop and progress on a continued journey throughout their employment with us. We recognise that recruiting and developing skilled people is fundamental to our future success and are proud to have won multiple awards for People Development.
Employer of Choice:
We are proud to be an Employer of Choice, the reason many of our staff choose to stay at Playle and Partners for a long time. The culture of Playle & Partners celebrates:
- Empowerment – Our staff are empowered to make decisions about and take responsibility for how they do their jobs.
- Respect – Given at and between all levels of employees.
- Opportunity for Growth – Our staff are encouraged to continue to develop their skills and careers.
- Access to Information – We share information with our employees that ranges from the company’s financial progress and results of our recent successes.
- Commitment – We are committed to our staff and Clients which is reflected in our policies and business strategies.
- Involvement – Staff have the opportunity to be involved. They are encouraged to make suggestions, propose ways we can improve our service delivery or working practices, serve on employee committees and plan events. Staff from all levels attend appropriate meetings and have input on work processes that affect their jobs.
- Positive relationships with colleagues – Encouraged through regular social events, including monthly “All In” afternoons.
- Work-Life Balance – We have a flexible working from home policy acknowledging the difficulties in getting the correct balance between work and home life.
- Recognition – we provide feedback to staff about their performance, growth prospects, accomplishments, and areas needing improvement regularly.
- Fair and Equal Opportunities – We are a fair and equal opportunities Employer with a continuous drive to eliminate discrimination from the working environment.
We are Investors in People GOLD
Recognised the world over, Investors In People accreditation quite simply demonstrates a clear commitment to the people who make up an organisation.
Only 7% of IIP accredited organisations achieve the gold standard therefore we are extremely proud of our achievement.
People love working at Playle & Partners, and many stay for a long time
Here are some of the comments from interviewees when asked what they felt was the best thing about working at Playle:
“I just enjoy it! I can’t think of a day when I haven’t wanted to go to work. I enjoy the people we work with. It’s the people! If you’re not happy at work, it’s a dreadful thing. We have a laugh as well as working hard, that’s always a plus.”
“It’s the people; we’ve got a really good team, it’s a great place to come to work. It’s a good size company that gets to work on good, exciting projects. You don’t feel like a number in a large organisation working on huge schemes. That’s what’s kept me here, rather than going to work in London. It’s having responsibility on schemes, managing the process, having the trust to do so, rather than working on one package or area. I think that’s why some people have left and come back!”
“I’d been here less than a month and I was invited to someone’s birthday party, and someone’s wedding. There’s a lot of family here but it’s not ‘cliquey’. I feel like I’ve been here forever.”
Apprenticeships and Training
Playle & Partners is committed to education and understands the importance of offering comprehensive training and development programmes to attract and retain quality employees.
We offer exceptional candidates tailor made training programmes. The practice offers training in a variety of formats but generally they fall into the following categories;
- School leaver apprenticeships
- Graduate Programmes
- Achieving Chartered professional status
- Continued CPD
Whilst achieving formal qualifications is attractive, one of the stand out features of our programmes is the mentoring support that our experienced staff members provide alongside it. Their support and hands on expertise is invaluable and compliments any formal qualifications the practice provides.
In addition to competitive salaries and annual leave provision, we offer the following benefits:
- Pension – Good pension scheme with contributions for Employees at 4.95% and Employers at 5.05%. Loyalty scheme after 5 years with enhanced Employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- Flexible working policy: Option to work from home for some of the working week**
- Flexible working hours: Option to be flexible with start and finish times**, as long as core hours are covered.
- 26 days leave per year plus all bank holidays
- Enhanced annual leave for long service
- Professional fees paid for one professional body
- Professional development scheme for funded training and/or qualifications
- Mentoring and 1:1 scheme
- Profit share scheme
- Bonus for introducing new colleagues
- Shopping reward and discount scheme including discounted gym memberships
- Contribution towards your fundraising events
- Opportunity to take part in paid ‘donation days’ to use for volunteering or charity work organised through Playle & Partners
- Cycle to Work scheme
Living Wage Employer:
Playle & Partners are accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
This is voluntarily paid by UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a wage which meets everyday needs.
Equal opportunities Employer:
Playle & Partners are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity needs.
Life at Playle & Partners
To see more, follow our Instagram below!
*Some benefits may be updated or changed in line with our current policies and guidance at any time
**Dependent on job role and prior agreement with manager, in line with current policies