Playle & Partners provided Quantity Surveying and Cost Consultancy services on Linden Farm, which has been nominated for the following awards:
- Civic Trust Awards Regional Finalist & Winner in the Selwyn Goldsmith Awards for Universal Design, 2021
- Shortlisted Design in Mental Health Awards, Project of the Year New Build Category, 2021
- Honourable Mention at the International Union of Architects Friendly and Inclusive Spaces Awards, 2021
- Shortlisted for the SPACES Yearbook, 2021
- Shortlisted for RIBA Regional Award, 2020
- Shortlisted for Structural Timber Awards, Healthcare Project of the Year Category, 2020
- Shortlisted for Offsite Award, Healthcare Project of the Year Category, 2020
Linden Farm is a supported living development for ten young adults with autism and high support needs, designed to provide tenants with an exemplar home environment, whilst enabling the assistance of supported living care.
The ten homes are split into three typologies. There are five individual cottages, a two person and a three-person shared cottage. In the wider site, there is an activity centre with sensory and therapy provision, an activity room and staff areas.
Our Cost Consultants closely managed the financial requirements of the scheme preparing Order of Cost Estimates and Formal Cost Plans in accordance with NRM1. Their knowledge of Cross Laminated Timber Frame system from previous schemes helped the team to define the cost benefits of the material over the life span of the building.
We also prepared a Traditional Bills of Quantities for the scheme using the software iTwo CostX to prepare a detailed set of measures more accurately and quicker than traditional methods of measurement.
Well done to Surrey County Council, Haverstock, Beard Construction and all of the team on delivering this outstanding scheme.