Project: Marcus Garvey – Shared Facilities
Client: London Borough of Haringey
Services: Quantity Surveying
Summary of Scheme:
Alterations and remodelling of the existing library space within Tottenham Green Leisure Centre to form a modern library service to the ground and first floors, along with new interview and office spaces to the first floor.
The new-look Marcus Garvey Library and Customer Services Centre in the heart of Tottenham boasts:
- 22,000 new books
- 52 new computers to give resident more opportunities than ever to get online and learn new digital skills
- Dedicated Marcus Garvey and Afro-Caribbean collection, which is set to be expanded even further in the future
- Spacious, refurbished children’s library
- Quiet study room, providing plenty of space for young people to study during exam times
- New customer service facilities, including payment machines and information desk
- Marcus Garvey Library occupies part of the ground and first floor of Tottenham Green Leisure Centre.
- The leisure centre building comprises a reception and administration area, welfare facilities, library, exercise area, squash courts, indoor swimming pool and plant rooms.
- Immediately adjacent is the car park to the front of the building, along with the nursery and the Bernie Grant Arts Centre to the side. To the rear of the centre is mixed use commercial and residential properties.