Playle & Partners LLP – Head Office, Sidcup
£40k – £50k per annum + benefits/package (negotiable depending on experience)
Sarah Primarolo / Gina Blackburn
With over 65 years’ experience in the construction industry and 20 years’ experience as an architecture practice, our company has built a solid reputation as an exceptional consultancy in many locations across the South-East.
Working mainly in the public sector, our team has a broad range of exciting projects including education, residential, public and community buildings. We have strong links to Local Authorities, County Councils and Housing Associations and have a robust reputation in successfully delivering projects in these areas.
We are looking for a Senior Project Architect who is a proactive and motivated individual, to join our close-knit and ambitious team. This vacancy is best suited to flexible Architects who are able to adapt their working pattern to suit the size, style and complexity of each project.
You will be expected to demonstrate UK experience in the design and delivery of small to medium projects with an emphasis on technical production information. Projects will range from education, residential and community projects, so experience in these areas is desirable. A flair for design and a thorough knowledge of Planning Policy and Building Regulations are also a requirement, together with career stability.
The successful candidate:
- ARB/RIBA Chartered Architect with 5-10+ years’ experience.
- Existing UK project experience, particularly in Education, Residential and public sector projects.
- Be required to work both independently and within a team structure
- Be expected to confidently manage clients, ensuring expectations are met and decisions are made on time, as well as managing on site design and ensuring things run smoothly throughout the whole process.
- Be able to manage day-to-day project matters and also be responsible for sub-consultant management, ensuring cohesive coordination throughout the project management of individual project design programmes, ensuring projects run smoothly and are on time and identifying any areas of risks
- Proven experience in delivery of projects through RIBA stages 0-7, including production and coordination of all projects drawings & information.
- Have an understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration.
- Have experience working on projects in the public sector
- Proficient using Revit software (AutoCAD skills also a minimum requirement).
- A broad understanding of BIM concepts.
- Excellent and current knowledge of UK Planning and Building Regulations.
- Excellent organisational, time and communication skills.
- Conversant with JCT/RIBA contracts and their administration
- Strong technical and detailing ability
- Experience of NBS specification writing
- Hands on experience with site inspections and contract administration.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
All applications must include:
- Full and current CV
- Cover letter addressing suitability specifically for the proposed role
- Selective work samples including 1 Revit and 1 AutoCAD project / drawing (To be available if selected for an interview)
Please note that you must have a long-standing experience of construction, and on-site experience within the UK to be considered for this position. The successful candidate will need to display a high level of experience managing projects, from inception to completion, with proven experience overseeing design and consultant teams, suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and sub-contractors.
In addition to the salary are company benefits including:- 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, staff profit share (bonus) scheme, company pension scheme, payment of professional fees (up to one professional bodies), life cover, free car parking.
As a practice we will be returning to the office from the 2 August 2021. We are implementing a flexible week where up to 40% of your time can be working from home. We will provide all new employees with a laptop and will work with them to ensure a suitable working from home setup is in place.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
The practice is renowned for its:
- Commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with CPDs provided to the individual where required.
- Achieving investors in People Gold in 2021
- Recognition of industry awards from Constructing Excellence and Bexley Business Awards for People Development and SME of the year over the past 5 years.
Playle & Partners LLP are an Equal Opportunities Employer