Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Playle & Partners LLP – Head Office, Sidcup
£50k – £60k per annum + benefits/package (depending on experience)
Gina Blackburn / Charlie Hobson – Associate Partner
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team where you will play an active role in the delivery of project and professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients, assisting with our further planned expansion into commercial work. We are a well-established multi-disciplined practice providing consultancy services across both the public and private sectors.
Established in 1954 we have our office in Sidcup. We are currently recruiting to supply our recent success as Project Managers on major frameworks within London and the South East of England.
The successful candidate will be working directly on schemes ranging from £1 Million – £30 Million both Pre and Post Contract. The candidate will be responsible for reporting directly to Project Management Associate Partner Charlie Hobson and for assisting in the co-ordination and training of the Project Managers / Contract administrators / Employer’s Agents within the Practice.
Day to day tasks are as listed in the enclosed Senior Project Manager Job Description sheet. A detailed understanding of the day to day tasks will be required.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ideally be MRICS/FRICS/MAPM/CHPP with a minimum of 4 years Project Management, Employer’s Agent and Contract Administration experience post Graduate Degree.
- We will consider candidates who are not accredited but can demonstrate significant experience working within the Construction industry as a Project Manager for over 10 years and has held a Senior PM position for more than 4 years.
- Have extensive experience of Project Management and the day-to-day tasks listed in the Senior Project Management job description.
- Require previous experience on a variety of public sector works ranging from £1million to £30million.
- Understand BIM Level 2 process and procedures and ideally successfully delivered a BIM Level 2 project.
- Be well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Have experience in Client Development: Networking: Business Development: Assistance with submissions.
- Require excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, couple with an eye for details, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Have proven IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects etc.
- Be flexible, confident, and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
- Have experience in managing a Project team and have experience reporting on performance of the team and finances to senior managers.
- Have experience in managing, mentoring, and training of Juniors / Graduates
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
Progression up to Associate level role may be available to those who work hard and show commitment to the practice and are able to assist in the growth of the company.
In addition to the salary are company benefits including:- 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, staff profit share (bonus) scheme, company pension scheme, payment of professional fees (up to one professional bodies), life cover, free car parking.
As a practice we will be returning to the office from the 2 August 2021. We are implementing a flexible week where up to 40% of your time can be working from home. We will provide all new employees with a laptop and will work with them to ensure a suitable working from home setup is in place.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
The practice is renowned for its:
- Commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with CPDs provided to the individual where required.
- Achieving investors in People Gold in 2021
- Recognition of industry awards from Constructing Excellence and Bexley Business Awards for People Development and SME of the year over the past 5 years.
Playle & Partners LLP are an Equal Opportunities Employer