PART 2 Architectural Assistant
PART 2 Architectural Assistant
Playle & Partners LLP – Head Office, Sidcup
Competitive + benefits/package (negotiable depending on experience)
Sarah Primarolo / Gina Blackburn
With over 65 years’ experience in the construction industry and 20 years’ experience as an architecture practice, our company has built a solid reputation as an exceptional consultancy in many locations across the South-East.
Working mainly in the public sector, our team has a broad range of exciting projects including education, residential, public and community buildings. We have strong links to Local Authorities, County Councils and Housing Associations and have a robust reputation in successfully delivering projects in these areas.
We are looking for a Part 2 Architectural Assistant who is a proactive and motivated individual, to join our close-knit and ambitious team. This vacancy is best suited to someone who is flexible, organised and able to adapt their working pattern to suit the size, style and complexity of each project.
The successful candidate:
- A Masters in architecture (RIBA Part 2 equivalent) with 1-2 years’ experience working in practice.
- Existing UK project experience, particularly in Education, Residential and public sector projects.
- Be required to work both independently and within a team structure, under the supervision of and reporting to a RIBA Chartered Architect, Associate Partners and Partners.
- Be expected to confidently manage clients, ensuring expectations are met and decisions are made on time, as well as managing on site design and ensuring things run smoothly throughout the whole process.
- Be able to manage day-to-day project matters and also be responsible for sub-consultant management, ensuring cohesive coordination throughout the project management of individual project design programmes, ensuring projects run smoothly and are on time and identifying any areas of risks
- Proven experience in delivery of projects through RIBA stages 0-7, including production and coordination of all projects drawings & information.We will continue to grow your knowledge and experience.
- Have an understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration.
- Proficient using Revit software (AutoCAD skills also a minimum requirement).
- A broad understanding of BIM concepts.
- Good current knowledge of UK Planning and Building Regulations.
- Excellent organisational, time and communication skills.
- Conversant with JCT/RIBA contracts and their administration
- Strong design and problem-solving skills
- Experience of NBS specification writing
- Hands on experience with site inspections and contract administration.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
All applications must include:
- Full and current CV
- Cover letter addressing suitability specifically for the proposed role
- Selective work samples including 1 Revit and 1 AutoCAD project / drawing (To be available if selected for an interview)
Please note that you must have a long-standing experience of construction, and on-site experience within the UK to be considered for this position. The successful candidate will need to display a high level of experience managing projects, from inception to completion, with proven experience overseeing design and consultant teams, suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and sub-contractors.
In addition to the salary are company benefits including:- 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, staff profit share (bonus) scheme, company pension scheme, payment of professional fees (up to one professional bodies), life cover, free car parking.
As a practice we operate a flexible week where up to 40% of your time can be working from home. We will work with all new employees to ensure a suitable working from home setup is in place.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
The practice is renowned for:
- Commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with CPDs with training particular to the individual where required, through all RIBA stages.
- Holding Investors in People Gold since 2018
- Recognition of industry awards from Constructing Excellence and Bexley Business Awards for People Development and SME of the year over the past 5 years.
Playle & Partners LLP are an Equal Opportunities Employer