The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 replaced the CDM 2007 Regulations on the 6th April 2015. Our expertise and knowledge of the constantly changing legislation, ensures that we can effectively manage and advise clients to ensure statutory compliance issues. We employ trained professionals who possess a wealth of experience and knowledge and are committed to providing and delivering quality Principal Designer and/ or CDM consultant services.
Acting as Principal Designers we have an important role in influencing how risks to health and safety are managed throughout a project. We can be appointed by clients to assist in the management of the pre-construction phase of any project. This early involvement in projects enables us to work effectively to reduce the risk and promote the health and safety of anyone affected by the project.
Our Role as Principal Designers includes
- Informing the client of their duties under the regulations
- Planning, managing and monitoring health and safety in the pre-construction phase, including identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks; and ensuring designers carry out their duties.
- Compiling pre- construction information and providing it to designers and contractors
- Preparing the health and safety file and then reviewing and updating it as the project progresses
- Ensuring that all persons working in relation to the pre-construction phase co-operate with each other.
Playle and Partners LLP have a wealth of CDM experience in both private and public sector work. Clients include Kent County Council, London Borough of Lewisham Council and London Borough of Bexley.