Location: Playle & Partners LLP – Head Office, Sidcup
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Playle & Partners LLP
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + benefits package (£35 – £40k)
Playle & Partners LLP have over 65 years’ experience in the construction industry and 20 years’ experience as an Architectural practice, our company has built a solid reputation as an exceptional consultancy in a number of locations in the South-East.
An award winning multi-disciplinary practice working mainly in the public sector, our team has a broad range of exciting projects including education, residential, public and community buildings. We have strong links to Local Authorities, County Councils and Housing Associations and have a robust reputation in successfully delivering projects in these areas.
We are looking for a Project Architect who is a proactive and motivated individual, to join our close-knit and ambitious team. This vacancy is best suited to a flexible individual who is able to adapt their working pattern to suit the size, style and complexity of each project.
You will be expected to demonstrate UK experience in the design and delivery of small to medium sized projects with an emphasis on technical production information. Projects will range from education, residential and community projects, so experience in these areas is desirable. A flair for design and a thorough knowledge of Planning Policy and Building Regulations are also a requirement.
The successful candidate:
- ARB/RIBA Chartered Architect – 1+ years’ experience Post Part 3, plus minimum of 5 year’s industry experience.
- Existing UK project experience particularly in Residential and Education.
- Be required to work both independently and within a team structure.
- Be expected to confidently manage clients, ensuring expectations are met and decisions are made on time, as well as managing on site design and ensuring things run smoothly throughout the whole process.
- Be able to manage day-to-day project matters and also be responsible for subconsultant management, ensuring cohesive coordination throughout the project management of individual project design programmes, ensuring projects run smoothly and are on time and identifying any areas of risks.
- Proven experience in delivery of projects through RIBA stages 0-7, including production and coordination of all projects drawings & information.
- Have an understanding of BIM concepts, workflows and collaboration.
- Proficient using Revit software (AutoCAD skills also a minimum requirement).
- Excellent and current knowledge of UK Planning and Building Regulations.
- Excellent organisational, time and communication skills.
- Conversant with JCT/RIBA contracts and their administration.
- Strong technical and detailing ability.
- You will be required to undertake a DBS Check.
- Experience of NBS specification writing.
- Hands on experience with site inspections and contract administration.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car.
All applications must include:
- Full and current CV.
- Cover letter addressing suitability specifically for this proposed role.
- Selective work samples including 1 Revit and 1 AutoCAD project / drawing (To be available if selected for an interview).
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Good benefits package included. Role location: Sidcup Head Office
Please note that you must have a long-standing experience of construction, and on-site experience within the UK to be considered for this position. The successful candidate will need to display a high level of experience managing projects, from inception to completion, with proven experience overseeing design and consultant teams, suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and sub-contractors.
As well as a competitive basic salary, we also give you 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, staff bonus, company pension scheme, life cover, free car parking and access to voluntary benefit options designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
The practice is renowned for its commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with training particular to the individual where required.
Playle & Partners LLP are an Equal Opportunities Employer and hold Gold Accreditation for Investors in People.