Location: Playle & Partners LLP – Head Office, Sidcup
Job Type: Permanent
Company: Playle & Partners LLP
Contact: Charlie Hobson
This is an exciting opportunity to join a tight knit team where you will play an active role in the delivery of project and professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients, assisting with our further planned expansion into commercial work. We are a well-established multi-disciplined practice providing consultancy services across both the public and private sectors.
The position is based in Sidcup but may involve projects across London and the Home Counties, working alongside all disciplines.
Responsible to and working closely with, Charlie Hobson for providing Technical Assistance as part of the Project Delivery Team. The Project Delivery Team will require assistance with the following schedule of duties, which should not be read as exhaustive:
- Project Management and monitoring duties, Employer’s Agent and Contract Administration duties. This will include the facilitation and production of pre and post contract information and duties.
- Architectural and Design duties.
- Quantity Surveying duties.
At Playle & Partners LLP, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognizing your achievements and rewarding them appropriately with the opportunity to progress into a full Partner role.
- Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Proven IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Adobe.
- Flexible, confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
- Experience of Project Management, Employer’s Agent and Contract Administration services.
- Ability to prepare NBS specifications, schedule of works, employer’s requirements, JCT, NEC FIDIC contracts.
We are a leading Construction Consultancy in the Public Sector competing across London and the South East against Multi National Firms. We can provide the successful candidate with a career rather than just a job. Further progression is available to those who work hard and show commitment to the company.
As well as a competitive basic salary we also give you 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, staff profit share (bonus) scheme, company pension scheme, life cover, free car parking and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
The practice is renowned for its commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with CPD provided to the individual where required.
Playle & Partners LLP are an Equal Opportunities Employer and hold Gold Accreditation for Investors in People.