Location: Playle & Partners LLP – Head Office, Sidcup
Job Type: Fixed Term – 12 months
Company: Playle & Partners LLP
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience – circa £18k + benefits
With 65 years’ experience in the construction industry and 20 years’ experience as an Architectural practice, our company has built a solid reputation as an exceptional consultancy in the South-East.
An award winning multi-disciplinary practice working mainly in the public sector, our team has a broad range of exciting projects including education, residential, public and community buildings. We have strong links to Local Authorities, County Councils and Housing Associations and have a robust reputation in successfully delivering projects in these areas.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated individual, to join our close-knit and ambitious team, for a 12 month placement.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in architecture (RIBA Part 1 equivalent)
- Ideally a strong working knowledge of Revit, AutoCad, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Confidence and possess strong communication skills.
- Fluent verbal and written English
Primary duties will include:
- Assisting on design projects at all stages from RIBA Stage 0-7
- Liaising with external consultants & internally with the rest of the team.
- Producing information for formal submissions, under the supervision of an Architect or project leader, including sets of drawings (plans, sections and elevations), 3D models, schedules (e.g. of doors or windows), visuals (including hand drawn or computer generated).
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
All applications must include:
- Full and current CV
- Cover letter addressing suitability specifically for the proposed role
- Portfolio (To be available if selected for an interview)
As well as a competitive basic salary we also give you 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, life cover, free car parking and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
The practice is renowned for its commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with training particular to the individual where required.
Playle & Partners LLP are an Equal Opportunities Employer and hold Gold Accreditation for Investors in People.