Client: The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
Services: Quantity Surveyor
Refurbishment of existing two-storey office building located under the A40 Westway.
Malton Road hub is the new base for a number of children’s services and adult social care services that were previously spread across the local area. The building has recently benefited from improvement works creating a better environment for service users and staff. The hub now has more meeting rooms, with some decorated especially for therapy sessions. While these works were taking place staff were temporarily relocated to the Westway Information Centre. At the same time the streetscape between Malton Road and Ladbroke Grove has benefited from new paving and been opened up to allow better pedestrian access.
The works included:-
– Removal of existing steelwork structure and gutter to first floor
– Removal of existing curtain walling to front façade and replacing with new
– Removal of existing structure as required, including internal walls, fittings and finishings.
– Replacement of existing lift installation
– Providing a new steel structure to the first floor to support waterproofing decking under road, acoustic installation, suspended ceilings and services installations.
– Providing new partitions, glazed screens, sanitary appliances, mechanical, electrical and public health installations, finishes and fittings.