The Works included the extension and refurbishment of the external classroom
Client – Badshott Lea Village Infant School
Services – Architect, Contract Administrator, CDMC
Value – £143,000
The new extensions provide a larger teaching space with storage space, a new entrance lobby and a new children’s toilet and disabled toilet. The works are DDA compliant as the school is an inclusive SEN (Special Educational Needs) unit.
The Schools outline brief was as follows:
• Dry and secure access from Star Class to the main building;
• New personal care facilities comprising 2 x toilets, 1 x accessible/or disabled toilet and washbasins;
• A light, airy teaching space with access to the toilets, Star Class, the outside area and the main building (currently accessed through a corridor between two class rooms);
• All areas must be accessible by wheelchair.
• Cloakroom space for 30 children.